Profile of Agriculture Cooperative of Kyriaki
The Association was founded in 1930 under the name of Cooperative Landless Growers of Kyriaki (C.L.G.Kyriaki).
By this form the Association collaborated with the Monastery of Saint Lukas for the distribution of Monastery Land, to landless farmers from the neighboring villages, which happened in 1933-1934.
In 1958, after the decision by the Ministry of Agriculture, the Cooperative was renamed “Agricultural Credit Cooperative of Kyriaki.”
In 2001 the Agricultural Credit Cooperative, was renamed to “Agricultural Cooperative of Kyriaki ” (A.C.K). With this name exists until today. With 360 active members and total olive oil production about 200 tons per olive season, The A.C.K is one of the most important and well organized unit processing Olive Oil, in Viotia district.
In 2001 A.C.K bought a piece of for the construction of warehouses and private olive oil mill, so that members can process the product for their own use. The modern Olive Oil Mill was built in 2005 and from then, has attracted all the local Olive production.
The main advantages of Cooperative Olive Oil Mill are:
- the advance technological infrastructure
- the good organization
- the consistency and transparency of the management
In 2012, the Cooperative has made the pilot project of Marketing their own Olive Oil under the name “Oreikarpo”, name which refers to the Mountain Carpus, which is produced into the Olive trees of Kyriaki.
Currently available is the metal package of 5lt.In the future will be available in different packages.
The aim of Marketing is the promotion of high quality olive oil which produces the Kyriaki area (see the qualitative analysis), to enhance the awareness of locally produced goods and the general region advertisement .
The targeted promotional campaign, intend not only to the Greek market but also to the global world competitive market.
That is why the A.C.K website and all communication materials is available in English, French and German.